Water Alert® – Vandal Resistant Series
NEW! “VR” SERIES
Vandal Resistant Leak Detection Alarm with “Wash Down” Mode.
- 2 Models of water detectors with optional accessories to meet your specific requirements.
- This water sensor alarm is specifically designed for use in public and employee restrooms. (or any other areas such as laboratories and clean rooms that require frequent cleaning).
- Vandal and corrosion resistant design.
- “WashDown” mode enables the area to be cleaned, without activating the leak detection alarm.
- All water detection system units are tested 3 times during manufacture, and come with a 5 Year Limited Warranty. Made in the USA.
- Simple installation using instructions furnished with all water detection system equipment, normally done by maintenance personnel.
- In wall or surface conduit wire entry.
Principle of Operation and Construction
The VR Series water sensor alarm is activated by water or any conductive fluid bridging the water leak sensors (A & A). Upon activation the external L.E.D. indicator (B) will light RED. Once the liquid is removed, the VR Water Alert will self re-set. The VR Series water detection sensor is also equipped with a “Wash Down Mode”. This feature allows the area to be cleaned with water without activating the Water Alert moisture sensor alarm. The Wash Down Mode can be adjusted from 15 minutes to 2 hours. During this time the water sensor circuit in the VR Water Alert is disabled. Once the Wash Down Mode times-out, the VR Water Alert will automatically resume sensing liquid. To activate the Wash Down Mode, the cleaning personnel simply pushes the external piezo switch (C). This switch has no moving parts and is touch sensitive. The external L.E.D. (B) will light Green, indication the VR Water Alert is now in Wash Down Mode.
4.5″W x 2.25″H x 2.5″D
There are two models designed as vandal resistant with “wash down” mode. The VR Series is specifically designed for use in public and employee restrooms.(or any other areas such as laboratories and clean rooms that require frequent cleaning)
- Model VR-4: Water Alert detector provides isolated dry relay contacts (DPDT) which transfer and hold when activated. Self-resets.
- Model VR-2100: Water Alert detector used to tie-into all Dorlen Series 2100 Monitors.