Water Alert Vandal Resistant Series for Frequently Cleaned Areas
The VR Series is specifically designed for use in public and employee restrooms (or any other areas such as laboratories and clean rooms that require frequent cleaning). There are two models designed as vandal resistant that include the “Wash Down Mode” feature:
- Model VR-4: Water Alert detector provides isolated dry relay contacts (DPDT) which transfer and hold when activated. No audible alarm. Ideal for tie-in to existing alarm panels. Self-resets. Model VR-4 specifications.
- Model VR-2100: Works with all Dorlen Series 2100 Monitors (detector is powered by monitor). No audible alarm. Model VR-2100 specifications.
Both models are available direct from Dorlen Products, Inc. All of our water detectors are tested 3 times during manufacture and backed by a 5-year limited warranty. We can also help you with system design, layouts and quotations.
Vandal Resistant Series Features
- Vandal and corrosion-resistant design with stainless steel cover screws, extra heavy-duty powder-coated aluminum housing and titanium water sensing probes
- Activated by water or any conductive fluid
- Adjustable Wash Down Mode (15 mins – 2 hrs) allows the entire area to be cleaned, without activating leak detection alarm
- External LED indicator (red for activation, green for wash down mode)
- Simple installation using provided instructions, normally done by maintenance personnel
- In-wall or surface conduit wire entry
- Optional accessories available to meet your specific application requirements
- Unit dimensions: 4.5″W x 2.25″H x 2.5″D
- Weight: 1Lb.
- Made in the USA
In Washdown Mode, the water sensor circuit in the VR Water Alert is disabled. To activate washdown Mode, cleaning personnel simply push the external piezo switch (C). This switch has no moving parts and is touch sensitive. The external L.E.D. (B) will light Green, indicating the unit is now in washdown mode. Once the washdown mode times out, the vandal resistant water detector will automatically resume sensing liquid.
Washdown Mode can be set to your desired duration between 15 minutes and 2 hours (1 hour is typical). If false activations happen after the area has been cleaned, the washdown mode duration may have to be increased to allow for further drying time.
View or Download more product details:
Vandal-Resistant Water Leak Detection for High-Traffic or Public Areas
Dorlen Products has provided extremely reliable water leak detection equipment for commercial properties since 1975. Our products have been installed in more than 25,000 locations nationwide.
We’re happy to assist with product selection and system configuration to meet your specific needs. Contact Dorlen Products for more information on vandal resistant water leak detectors.